Tuesday 14 April 2015

Tullamore Artist To Launch ‘Timescape’ Art Exhibition

Maura Fahy at work in her studio
By Justin Kelly

Tullamore artist Maura Fahy will launch her most recent exhibition of paintings this Friday, April 17 at Áras an Chontae in Tullamore. Entitled ‘Timescape’, the exhibition shed slight on Maura’s exploration of her childhood fascination with the dandelion flower. “It was its shape, softness and its magical ability to disappear in a second that fascinated me,” Maura said.

Speaking ahead of the event, Maura revealed, “The dandelion flower created many playful moments for me as a child; using it as a clock to tell the time and watching it drift away in the wind. When blowing the ‘clocks’ and spreading their life for miles around, I felt that I was actively creating nature.”

Maura has recently started to experiment with the application of various techniques to enhance her paintings: “In the recent past, I’ve spent time experimenting and I hope this will enhance the visual impact of my work in order to express a sense of mystery,” the painter explained. “The use of the dandelion has always featured in my paintings as a final layer, but occasionally I have dedicated paintings to the theme of dandelions”, she added.

“A mystery makes the viewer more curious and invites them to look deeper into the painting,” Maura stated. “Colour has always been a major part of my work. In this series, I plan to develop my use of colour further to give more vibrancy to my pieces. This will, in turn, give more energy and movement to the work and hopefully provoke an emotional response from the viewer,” she concluded.

The exhibition will be officially launched at 6:30pm on Friday, April 17 at Áras an Chontae, Tullamore, by renowned author Geraldine O’Neill. All are welcome to attend.

For more information on Maura Fahy visit www.papillonartstudio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment